TRP Southern Poetry Breakthrough Series: Kentucky
The TRP Southern Poetry Breakthrough Series seeks to highlight a first full-length collection by an emerging poet from each state in the southern U.S.
· Submissions are open December 1 – March 1 (11:59pm).
· Open to any poet born in Kentucky, currently residing in Kentucky, or who lived in Kentucky for 5 consecutive years at any point, who has not yet published a full-length collection of poetry. The author may have published chapbooks or books in other genres.
· There is no fee to enter.
· There are no formal restrictions, we welcome poetry of any style/form.
· Open to any poet writing in English. Translations are not eligible.
· Poems may have been published individually in magazines or anthologies, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. Please notify TRP immediately by withdrawing the manuscript via Submittable if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
· Current and former students and faculty of Sam Houston State University are not eligible.
· Submissions are accepted through Submittable only.
· The selected author will receive a standard royalty contract, and 10 copies of the published book.
· Manuscripts must be between 50 and 100 pages in length.
· Please include a table of contents, title page, acknowledgments page, and page numbers.
· No more than one poem per page.
· Submit as a .pdf, .docx, or .doc file format.
· No revisions will be accepted once the manuscript is uploaded.