The George Garrett Fiction Prize
2019 Judge: John McNally
· Submissions are open October 1 – December 31.
· A fee of $28 must be paid at the time of submission.
· Open to anyone writing in English. Translations are not eligible.
· Stories or excerpts may have been published individually in magazines or anthologies, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. Please notify TRP immediately by withdrawing the manuscript via Submittable if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
· Current and former students and faculty of Sam Houston State University are not eligible. Family or former students of the final judge are not eligible.
· Submissions are accepted through Submittable only.
· Winner receives a $1,000 advance, a standard royalty contract, and 20 copies of the published book.
· Winner will be announced in March 2020.
· Manuscripts may be novels or short story collections with a total word count of between 40,000 and 120,000 words.
· Please include a table of contents, title page, and page numbers.
· Please double-space and use a 12pt. font.
· Do not include an acknowledgments page.
· Submissions are judged blind. Please remove any identifying information from the manuscript.
· Submit as a .pdf, .docx, or .doc file format.
· No revisions will be accepted once the manuscript is uploaded.
This contest honors award-winning author George Garrett (1929-2008).