2019 Clay Reynolds Novella Prize: Guidelines
The Clay Reynolds Novella Prize
2019 Judge: Rita Bullwinkel
· Submissions are open January 1 – March 31.
· A fee of $20 must be paid at the time of submission.
· Open to anyone writing in English. Translations are not eligible.
· Excerpts may have been published individually in magazines or anthologies, but the work as a whole must be unpublished.
· Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, please notify TRP immediately by withdrawing the manuscript via Submittable if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
· Current and former students and faculty of Sam Houston State University are not eligible. Family or former students of the final judge are not eligible.
· Submissions are accepted through Submittable only.
· Winner will receive a $500 advance, a standard royalty contract, and 20 copies of the published book.
· Winner will be announced in June 2019.
· Novella manuscripts should have a total word count of between 20,000 and 50,000 words.
· Please include a table of contents, title page, and page numbers.
· Please double-space and use a 12pt. font.
· Do not include an acknowledgments page.
· Submissions are judged blind. Please remove any identifying information from the manuscript.
· Submit as a .pdf, .docx, or .doc file format.
· No revisions will be accepted once the manuscript is uploaded.
· Winner will be announced on the Texas Review Press website. http://texasreviewpress.org